Everyone wants to keep their house beautiful, neat and tidy. They purchase different pillows, curtains, cushioned chairs, attractive lights and carpets that add form to the house. Nowadays, different patterns of rugs are most common on front doors, living room, dining areas and bedrooms. They not only add elegance because of their style, but also protect your floor from scratches and dust.
One of the simplest form rugs is throw rugs which can be scattered all over the house, indoor as well as outdoor. They can be changed anytime because they aren’t large like normal rugs. You don’t need to feel guilty of spending money as they are reasonable as well.
You should always follow these tips before buying rugs for your house –
- Kitchen is the common place for family gathering, which means entry of many dirty shoes. Therefore, a wash and dry soft rug is an excellent option for kitchen.
- Bathrooms are full of moisture and wet floors leading to dampness, therefore keeping a cotton rub that absorbs water is always good for such places.
- In dining room, excess of pulling of chairs lead to scratches, hence, a huge rug that wraps the whole dining table and its chairs is perfect.
- Throw rug in living area not only gives a nice look but adds an extra comfortable place to get cosy. Moreover, if furniture like coffee table is kept on the rug they are steady.
- A throw rug on your entry gate keeps your house clean because people would rub their feet on it before entering.
Follow these tips before buying a rug for any room –
- Always check the size of your room. You rug should not be very small or too big to handle.
- You rug should not be slippery, so use a non slippery cushion or pad beneath it.
- Check the shape of your rug and see if it goes with your room.
- Colour matters a lot while choosing a rug.
Basically, any rug you buy should blend with your room. Rugs not only have a function, but also complete the decor of your room.